TifTuf™ Bermuda maintains acceptable quality under drought stress without going dormant like many drought-tolerant grasses. It is now utilized as the scientific standard for all future university drought-tolerance evaluation trials. TifTuf™ Bermuda has consistently ranked in the highest quality groups in the 2014 NTEP trials. Available at our Birmingham, Fort Walton Beach, Gulfport, Panama City Beach, and Pensacola locations.
|Texture||Fine to medium blade.|
|Soils||TifTuf™ Certified Bermuda tolerates a relatively wide range of soil types but is best suited to well-drained fertile soils.|
|pH Tolerance Range||6.0 to 6.5 is ideal.|
|Wear Tolerance||Extremely wear tolerant|
|Shade Tolerance||TifTuf™ has good shade tolerance|
University research indicates TifTuf™ Certified Bermuda has:
- Unbeatable drought tolerance, using 38% less water than Tifway and is more drought tolerant than Celebration™, Latitude 36™, TifGrand®, and other tested bermudagrasses.
- Better establishment and more rapid cover than Tifway.
- Superior wear and traffic tolerance over Tifway, Celebration™, and all other tested bermudagrasses, except TifGrand®.
- Cold tolerance equal to Latitude 36™ at Kansas State University.
- Faster spring green-up than Tifway, Patriot™, and Celebration™.
- Exceptional summer and fall density, with higher sod tensile strength than Tifway in spring and fall.
- Excellent fall color retention, greater than Tifway and Celebration™, therefore, seldom requires dethatching.
- Fine to Medium Texture
- Excellent Establishment
- Rapid Re-Growth and Recuperation from Damage
- Deep Green
- Extremely Wear Tolerant
- Drought Tolerant
- Shade Tolerant
- Cold Hardy
- Heat Tolerant
- Salt Tolerant