We have you covered! Here’s a simple and delicious recipe for Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, a classic Thanksgiving side dish:
4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 head of garlic
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk (or more for desired consistency)
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped fresh chives for garnish (optional)
Roast the Garlic:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the top off the head of garlic to expose the cloves.
- Drizzle the garlic with a bit of olive oil and wrap it in aluminum foil.
- Place the foil-wrapped garlic in the oven and roast for about 30-40 minutes, or until the cloves are soft and caramelized. Remove and let it cool.
Cook the Potatoes:
- Place the peeled and chopped potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold water. Add a pinch of salt.
- Bring the water to a boil and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
Prepare the Mashed Potatoes:
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins and add them to the potatoes.
- Add the butter to the potatoes and garlic.
- Mash the potatoes and garlic together until well combined.
- Gradually add the milk while continuing to mash until you reach your desired creamy consistency.
- You can add more milk if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer the mashed potatoes to a serving dish. Garnish with chopped fresh chives if desired. Serve hot, and enjoy your creamy and flavorful Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes!
This recipe is sure to be a hit at your Thanksgiving dinner, and it’s easy to customize to your taste by adjusting the amount of garlic, butter, and milk to suit your preferences.